Mission Statement

Okay, this is more of a "non-mission statement," as it chronicles the creative projects that I had always INTENDED to produce throughout the years, but never did.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

B & W photography (Part 1)


No catty rants or philosophical ponderings this time. I was going through a box of pics the other day that I hadn't looked at in a couple years. I've gone through several "film photography" phases throughout my life, the most recent in 2004 and then 2006-2007. I found a few I really like that I wanted to share. It's hard to believe that they were on the same roll, since some were from when I lived in San Francisco, and some shortly after I moved to Phoenix. I think it results from shooting half a roll, and then neglecting that particular camera for a while. Enjoy!

This first photo was taken in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco circa 2004. It's quite idyllic and reminds me a little of Monet's "Water Lillies" paintings. It looks as if it was taken in the early 19th Century and there should be women with long dresses, hats and black umbrellas milling about. I wish I would have taken more of this spot, but this is the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment